- Accordion - A navigational device which presents a hierarchical set of items in which only a single branch of that hierarchy is exposed at one time.
- Action Button - A UI control allowing users to trigger actions by clicking, tapping, or pressing a corresponding key on a keyboard, such as “Enter.”
- Activation - The manner in which users invoke an action on the currently selected object(s).
- Alarm - The most critical alert category. Indicates that a condition exists which requires immediate operator action.
- Alert - Indication of a condition regarding people, systems or the mission, categorized into alarms, warnings, events and informational messages.
Button - A Button allows users to trigger actions by clicking, tapping, or pressing a corresponding key on a keyboard, such as “Enter.”
- Checkbox - A Checkbox allows a user to select a value from a small set of options.
- Close Button - A UI component that, when activated, dismisses a Dialog Box.
- Container - An object that holds other objects.
- Concept Sketch - A sketch on paper that lays out the main Content Workspace and controls and clarifies the flow of user interaction from screen-to-screen.
- Default Action - The action that users would most likely want to execute in the window with focus.
- Dialog Box - A Dialog Box interrupts app processing to prompt a user to confirm an action or acknowledge a piece of information. It displays information along with a set of buttons allowing users to accept or cancel the actions presented within the Dialog Box.
- Drop Down Menu - A UI control that allows users to select a value from a list of values.
- Global Controls - Display top-level system and equipment status throughout Astro Applications.
- Global Status Bar - A full width view across the top of an application that displays the overall health and status of a system.
- Grip Handle - The part of a movable menu bar or toolbar that, when dragged, detaches the control and displays it in a separate window.
- Label - Text or a graphic that identifies an object or control.
- Link - A link (also known as a hyperlink) is a clickable text element. The link control is used for navigation, but can also trigger an event.
- Logs - A tabular representation of application events and may include username, priority, equipment type, signal type, etc.
- Menu - A list of options from which users choose. The options can execute commands, display a window (to request more information from users) or submenu and specify settings.
- Navigational Tabs - Divide major areas of content and to indicate a work process.
- Notification System - A system which generates, prioritizes and displays event notifications for significant occurrences within an application and its associated systems and hardware.
- Pagination - The process of dividing content for display on multiple pages. It is utilized when content, such as Search results, does not fit onto one page and must be split across multiple pages.
- Pop-Up Menu - A menu provides users with a quick way to access common actions for a highlighted item.
- Push Button - A control that initiates an action.
Radio Button - Allows users to mutually select an option from a predefined set of options. When one selection is made, the previous selection becomes deselected.
- Search - A specialized text field for entering Search terms.
- Segmented Button - Allows users to select one item at a time from two to four options.
- Slider - A graphical control element that allows users to choose from a range of continuous and discrete values.
- Status Indicator - Indicates the state of a device or feature in a standard and consistent way using color, shapes, labeling and badging.
- Symbols - A graphical representation or glyph associated with actions, concepts or objects such as an asterisk.
- Tables - A UX design mechanism comprised of rows and columns used for displaying content.
- Timeline - Displays event information within a specified time period.
- Title Bar - A component that displays the name for a table or window.
- Toggle - A switch which describes a state or value. It allows users to change a setting between two states such as “On and Off.
- Tree - A list box that displays the hierarchical relationship among the objects in the list.
- Validation - Ensures that data is properly entered into an Input Field or Form. It alerts users to data errors, required input and prompts them to make corrections.
- Wireframe - A page schematic or screen blueprint that represents the skeletal framework of a Web page or Web site.